World War 1 & 2

Winston War Memorial

The Winston War Memorial was unveiled on 24th June 1923 by Lt. Col. G. W. Horsfield and is sited in the Churchyard of St. Andrew, the Parish Church.

It is described as a ""Cross Flory on block and two steps". It is made of Cornish Granite. It has a height of 2100mm, a width of 1050mm and a depth of 750mm.1

Citations

  1. [S315] Website IWM War Memorials Archive (http://www.ukniwm.org.uk).

Winston War Memorial

IN MEMORY OF

Stanley Curtis
Arthur Goodwin
Frederick Goodwin
Herbert Miller
Frederick Curtis

KILLED IN ACTION DURING
THE WAR 1914-18


1939 - 1945

Cyril Brown
Wilfred Brown