Walter Frederick Hawes1
M, #4444, b. Mar 1894, d. 31 Jul 1917
|Mother||Judy Rosa Ellis2|
His birth was registered in the Mar 1894 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.3 Walter Frederick Hawes was the son of Frederick Hawes and Judy Rosa Ellis.2 Walter Frederick Hawes was baptized on 18 Aug 1895 in St. Andrew, Wickham Skeith, Suffolk, England.2 He died between 1914 and 1918; during WW1.4 As of 31 Jul 1917, Walter Frederick Hawes lived at Thornham Magna, Suffolk, England.5 He died on 31 Jul 1917 in Ypres, Belgium, at age 23; during WW1.1 He has no known burial place, and is commemorated on a Commonwealth War Memorial on The Menin Gate Memorial, Ypres, West Vlaanderen, Belgium; Panel Reference: Panel 6 & 8.1
Last Edited=30 Dec 2016
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1613303/."
- [S667] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. Andrew, Wickham Skeith, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Mar 1894 Hartismere 4a 825."
- [S241] Website Roll Of Honour - Suffolk County Council (http://apps.suffolk.gov.uk/roll_of_honour).
- [S571] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Walter Frederick Hawes, London Regiment, 1st Battalion, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."