Ernest Edward Chenery1
M, #3555, b. 29 Apr 1890, d. 12 Mar 1915
|Mother||Polly Chenery2 b. Dec 1872, d. Sep 1938|
Ernest Edward Chenery was born on 29 Apr 1890 in Debenham, Suffolk, England.3 He was the son of Polly Chenery.2 His birth was registered in the Jun 1890 quarter in the Bosmere registration district.4 Ernest Edward Chenery was baptized on 3 Aug 1890 in St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, Suffolk, England.5 He died on 12 Mar 1915 in Calais, Pas De Calais, France, at age 24; during WW1.1,2 He has no known burial place, and is commemorated on a Commonwealth War Memorial on Le Touret Memorial, Calais, Pas De Calais, France; Panel 8.1,2
Last Edited=12 Feb 2016
- [S355] Medal Card of Ernest Edward Chenery, Llincolnshire Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "unknown cd."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1558981/."
- [S618] Copy birth certificate of Ernest Edward Chenery, born 29th April, 1890, registered 5th Juine, 1890 in the Registration District of Bosmere (unknown repository, unknown gro index ref) "unknown cd."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1890 Bosmere 4a 767."
- [S36] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Class: RG12; Piece: 1462; Folio: 91; Page: 10; GSU roll: 6096572."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1777; Folio: 109; Page: 56."
- [S355] Medal Card of Ernest Edward Chenery, Llincolnshire Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll J/105 B4 Page 598."