M, #2717, b. 11 Feb 1802, d. 19 Aug 1890
|Father||Alexander La Roche Oades2 b. before 30 Apr 1760, d. before 15 Dec 1849|
James Oades was born on 11 Feb 1802.2 He was the son of Alexander La Roche Oades and Sarah (?)2 James Oades was baptized on 7 Mar 1802 in St. John The Baptist, Egham, Surrey, England.2 He married Elizabeth Hyminia (?) before 22 Jan 1822.2 James Oades married Mary Ann Gaston, daughter of John Gaston, on 15 Dec 1849 in Christchurch, Newgate Street, London, England; both James & Mary Ann had previously been married.3 James Oades witnessed the marriage of James Oades and Emma Loe on 5 Sep 1866 in St. John The Evangelist, Stoke Next Guildford, Surrey, England.4 James Oades died on 19 Aug 1890 in Prospect House, Egham Hill, Egham, Surrey, England, at age 88.5 He was buried on 23 Aug 1890 in St. John, Egham, Berkshire, England.1 James's death was registered in the Sep 1890 quarter in the Windsor registration district.6 His estate was probated on 8 Sep 1890 in Principle Registry, London, England; Personal Estate £8,260 16s. A further Executor was Thomas William Ellston of 109 Showfields Bermondsey, Timber Merchant.7
Children of James Oades and Elizabeth Hyminia (?)
- Alexander Laroche Oades2 b. before 22 Jan 1822
- Francis Oades2 b. before 29 Feb 1824
- Charles Oades2 b. before 16 Aug 1825
- Jane Crockford Oades2 b. before 30 Sep 1827
- Elizabeth Sarah Oades2 b. before 19 Jul 1829
- William Oades7 b. before 25 Jul 1830
- Mary Anne Oades2 b. before 29 Jul 1832
- James Oades+2 b. before 6 Apr 1834, d. 20 Mar 1875
- Emily Oades2 b. before 22 Dec 1836
- George Oades2 b. before 29 Mar 1839
Family: James Oades and Mary Ann Gaston
Last Edited=3 Oct 2013
- [S263] Microfilm of the Burials of St. John The Baptist, Egham, Berkshire, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S265] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. John The Baptist, Egham, Berkshire, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S274] Microfilm of the Marriages of Christchurch, Newgate Street, London, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S269] Microfilm of the Marriages of St. John The Evangelist, Stoke-Next-Guildford, Surrey, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S268] Unknown author, 'Deaths', Morning Post, unknown date (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "22nd August, 1890."
- [S17] General Record Office Indexes to Deaths, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1890 Windsor 2c 224."
- [S264] Will of James Oades of Egham, Berkshire, proved in the Principle Registry Probate Court, 8th September, 1890 (Probate Registry).
- [S28] Online image of the 1841 Census for England & Wales (1841 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: HO107; Piece: 1074; Book: 10; Civil Parish: Egham; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 11; Page: 15; Line: 1; GSU roll: 474662."
- [S26] Online image of the 1861 Census for England & Wales (1861 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG 9; Piece: 758; Folio: 59; Page: 1; GSU roll: 542696."