M, #2662, b. between 10 Jul 1888 and 8 Jul 1890, d. 9 Jul 1917
|Mother||Emma Green1 b. between 6 Apr 1866 and 4 Apr 1868|
William Green was born between 10 Jul 1888 and 8 Jul 1890.1 He was born between 6 Apr 1889 and 4 Apr 1891 in Wetheringsett, Suffolk, England.2 He was the son of Emma Green.1 William Green died on 9 Jul 1917 in Calais, Pas De Calais, France; during WW1.1 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Monchy British Cemetery, Monchey-Le-Preux, France; I. G. 23. Commemorated on Mickfield Roll of Honour.1
Last Edited=17 Mar 2016
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/28680/."
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Class: RG12; Piece: 1462; Folio: 81; Page: 24; GSU roll: 6096572."
- [S404] Soldiers Died In The Great War of William Green, Suffolk Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S403] Medal Card of William Green, Suffolk Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll K/1/103 B/9 Page 1663."
- [S403] Medal Card of William Green, Suffolk Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll K/1/4 B2 Page 148."
- [S424] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Inside the deconsecrated Church of St. Andrew) "unknown cd."