Arthur William Offord1
M, #2659, b. Sep 1888, d. 25 Aug 1915
|Father||John Offord1 b. between 31 Mar 1858 and 30 Mar 1860, d. before 25 Aug 1915|
|Mother||Lydia Moore1 b. between 31 Mar 1860 and 30 Mar 1862|
His birth was registered in the Sep 1888 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.2 Arthur William Offord was the son of John Offord and Lydia Moore.1 Arthur William Offord died on 25 Aug 1915 in Gallipoli, Turkey, at age 26; During WW1.1,3 He has no known burial place, and is commemorated on a Commonwealth War Memorial on Helles Memorial, Turkey; Panel 46 and 47.1
Last Edited=30 Dec 2016
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/689443/."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1888 Hartismere 4a 714."
- [S244] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Arthur William Offord, Suffolk Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Enumeration District : 14."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10764; Schedule Number: 16."
- [S411] Medal Card of Robert Mayes, Suffolk Regiment / Cambridgeshire Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll K/1/103 B13 Page 2561."
- [S411] Medal Card of Robert Mayes, Suffolk Regiment / Cambridgeshire Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll K/1/6B3 Page 418."
- [S424] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Inside the deconsecrated Church of St. Andrew) "unknown cd."