Lt-Col. Henry Horatio Kitchener1
M, #2528, b. between 6 Apr 1805 and 4 Apr 1807, d. 14 Aug 1894
Lt-Col. Henry Horatio Kitchener was born between 6 Apr 1805 and 4 Apr 1807 in London, England.2 He was the son of William Kitchener. Lt-Col. Henry Horatio Kitchener married Anne Frances Chevallier, daughter of John Chevallier M. D. and Elizabeth Cole, on 24 Apr 1845 in St. Mary Of Grace, Aspall, Suffolk, England.3 The marriage of Lt-Col. Henry Horatio Kitchener and Anne Frances Chevallier was registered in the Jun 1845 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.4 As of 24 Jun 1845, Lt-Col. Henry Horatio Kitchener lived at Little Walden Park, England.3 He was described as Blind on 5 Apr 1891.2 He died on 14 Aug 1894 in Manor House, Cossington, Leicestershire, England.5 As of 14 Aug 1894, Lt-Col. Henry Horatio Kitchener lived at Oriental Club, Hanover Square, Middlesex, England.5 His estate was probated on 30 Aug 1894; Effects £268 18s. 2d.5
Children of Lt-Col. Henry Horatio Kitchener and Anne Frances Chevallier
- Frances Emily J Kitchener+6 b. between 4 Apr 1837 and 2 Apr 1839
- 1st Earl Kitchener of Khartoum, Viscount Kitchener, Viscount Broome and Baron Denton. Secretary of State for War. Col. Cmdt. Royal Engineers, Col. Irish Guards Horatio Herbert Kitchener7 b. 24 Jun 1850, d. 5 Jun 1916
- Letitia Henrietta Emma Kawara Kitchener2 b. between 6 Apr 1867 and 4 Apr 1869, d. Dec 1926
Last Edited=4 Nov 2017
- [S160] Private papers of Suzie Morley, 2001 (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "Temporary Citation following Data Crash, September 2013."
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "1891; Class: RG12; Piece: 2519; Folio: 50; Page: 3; GSU roll: 6097629."
- [S62] Microfilm of the Marriages of St. Mary Of Grace, Aspall, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number) "unknown cd."
- [S12] General Record Office Indexes to Marriages, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1845 Hartismere 13 711."
- [S828] Probate of Henry Horatio Kitchener of unknown location, proved in the London Probate Court, 30th August, 1894 (Probate Registry).
- [S25] Online image of the 1881 Census for England & Wales (1881 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Class: RG11; Piece: 3152; Folio: 87; Page: 25; GSU roll: 1341752."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2894749/."