Thomas Edward Salter1
M, #2485, b. Dec 1890, d. 21 Mar 1918
|Father||Charles Salter2 b. between 2 Apr 1848 and 1 Apr 1850|
|Mother||Mary Turner b. between 31 Mar 1850 and 30 Mar 1852|
His birth was registered in the Dec 1890 quarter in the Plomesgate registration district.3 Thomas Edward Salter was the son of Charles Salter and Mary Turner.2 Thomas Edward Salter died on 21 Mar 1918 in Calais, Pas De Calais, France, at age 27; During WW1.1 He has no known burial place, and is commemorated on a Commonwealth War Memorial on The Arras Memorial, Calais, Pas De Calais, France; Bay 7.1 His estate was probated on 3 May 1918 in Ipswich, Suffolk, England; Effects £155 9s. 5d.4
Family: Thomas Edward Salter and Mary (?)
Last Edited=24 Sep 2017
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1638127/."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1638127."
- [S12] General Record Office Indexes to Marriages, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Dec 1890 Plomesgate 4a 779."
- [S826] Probate of Thoms Edward Salter of France, proved in the Ipswich Probate Court, 3rd May 1918 (Probate Registry).
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Class: RG12; Piece: 1479; Folio: 57; Page: 6; GSU roll: 6096589."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1787; Folio: 55; Page: 5."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10915; Schedule Number: 16."
- [S414] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Thomas Edward Salter, Essex Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S720] Unknown document, unknown file number; unknown file name, WO 329; unknown record group, The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, England, Piece Number 1378.
- [S423] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of All Saints) "unknown cd."