Spencer William Salter1
M, #2482, b. Dec 1893, d. 8 May 1917
|Father*||Frederick Salter1 b. between 3 Apr 1865 and 1 Apr 1867|
|Mother*||Fannie Garneys1 b. between 3 Apr 1861 and 1 Apr 1863|
His birth was registered in the Dec 1893 quarter in the Plomesgate registration district.2 Spencer William Salter was the son of Frederick Salter and Fannie Garneys.1 Spencer William Salter died on 8 May 1917 in Calais, Pas De Calais, France, at age 23; during WW1.3 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Duisans British Cemetery, Etrun, Calais, Pas De Calais, France; III. K. 43.3
Last Edited=30 Dec 2016
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10915; Schedule Number: 19."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Dec 1893 Plomesgate 4a 868."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/41137."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1787; Folio: 55; Page: 5."
- [S502] Soldiers Died In The Great War of unknown name of person, unknown military unit, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S372] Medal Card of Spencer W Salter, Middlesex Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll E/1/102 B/26 Page 4409."
- [S423] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of All Saints) "unknown cd."