M, #2468, b. Jun 1897, d. 28 Mar 1918
|Father*||George Curtis b. between 31 Mar 1868 and 30 Mar 1870|
|Mother*||Kate Kitson b. between 4 Apr 1873 and 2 Apr 1875, d. Dec 1898|
Frederick Robert Sidney Curtis was born between 3 Apr 1896 and 1 Apr 1898 in Winston, Suffolk, England.3 He was born in Jun 1897 in Bosmere, Suffolk, England.4 He was the son of George Curtis and Kate Kitson. Frederick Robert Sidney Curtis died on 28 Mar 1918 in Calais, Pas De Calais, France, at age 20; during WW1.5 He has no known burial place, and is commemorated on a Commonwealth War Memorial on The Arras Memorial, Calais, Pas De Calais, France; Bay 4.5
Last Edited=12 Feb 2016
- [S160] Private papers of Suzie Morley, 2001 (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "Temporary Citation following Data Crash, September 2013."
- [S241] Website Roll Of Honour - Suffolk County Council (https://www.suffolkarchives.co.uk/times/war-and-conflict/…).
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10740; Schedule Number: 61A."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1897 Bosmere 4a 857."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/746489."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Enumeration District : 18."
- [S398] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Fred Curtis, Suffolk Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S399] Medal Card of Fred Curtis, Suffolk Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll K/1/4/B2 Page 98B."
- [S399] Medal Card of Fred Curtis, Suffolk Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll K/1/103 B 19 Page 3664."
- [S425] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Andrew) "unknown cd."