George Matthew Cook1
M, #2353, b. Dec 1881, d. 8 Jan 1919
|Father*||James Cook1 b. 1842, d. before 23 Feb 1922|
|Mother*||Sarah Hammond1 b. between 3 Apr 1846 and 1 Apr 1848, d. before 19 Dec 1928|
As of 23 Oct 1881, James Cook lived at Occold, Suffolk, England.2 George Matthew Cook was baptized on 23 Oct 1881 in St. Michael & All Angels, Occold, Suffolk, England.2 His birth was registered in the Dec 1881 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.1 He was the son of James Cook and Sarah Hammond.1 The marriage of George Matthew Cook and Rosa May Bowman was registered in the Sep 1909 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.3 George Matthew Cook died on 8 Jan 1919 in England at age 37; during WW1.4 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in The Old Cemetery, Ipswich, Suffolk, England; BA. 2. 85.4
Last Edited=29 Dec 2016
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Dec 1881 Hartismere 4a 644."
- [S671] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. Michael & All Angels, Occold, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S12] General Record Office Indexes to Marriages, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1909 Hartismere 4a 1873."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/397346/."
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Class: RG12; Piece: 1461; Folio: 41; Page: 7; GSU roll: 6096571."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10708; Schedule Number: 64."
- [S363] Medal Card of George M Cook, Army Service Corps, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll RFA/156B/TF Page 1324."
- [S363] Medal Card of George M Cook, Army Service Corps, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "unknown cd."
- [S422] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Inside the Church of St. Mary Of Grace) "unknown cd."