Albert Garibaldi Walter Knowland1
M, #2151, b. 19 May 1910, d. 20 Feb 1945
|Father*||Albert James Knowland1 b. 27 Aug 1885, d. 14 Dec 1984|
|Mother*||Maria Maud Sturley1 b. 19 Mar 1887, d. 6 Jan 1949|
Albert Garibaldi Walter Knowland also went by the name of Gary. He was born on 19 May 1910.1,2 He was the son of Albert James Knowland and Maria Maud Sturley.1 His birth was registered in the Jun 1910 quarter in the Shoreditch registration district.3 The marriage of Albert Garibaldi Walter Knowland and Irma Nixon Smith was registered in the Sep 1940 quarter in the Devizes registration district.4 Albert Garibaldi Walter Knowland died on 20 Feb 1945 in Golders Green, London, England, at age 34; on war service.5,6 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Golders Green Crematorium, Golders Green, London, England.5 Albert's death was registered in the Mar 1945 quarter in the Edmonton registration district.7 His estate was probated on 11 Apr 1946 in London, Middlesex, England; Effects £474 14s. 7d.6
Child of Albert Garibaldi Walter Knowland and Irma Nixon Smith
Last Edited=6 May 2017
- [S188] Unknown compiler, compiler, Dulwich College (London, England) Register 1619 - 1926 (n.p.: n.pub.), Page 595. Hereinafter cited as Dulwich College Register 1619 - 1926.
- [S624] Register for National, 29th September, 1939 (Find My Past, RG 101) "TWLC Southwold 218/1 Schedule 303."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1910 Shoreditch 1c 36."
- [S12] General Record Office Indexes to Marriages, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1940 Devizes 5a 515."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2430919/."
- [S189] Will of Albert Garibaldi Walter Knowland of on war service, proved in the London Probate Court, 11th April, 1946 (Probate Registry).
- [S17] General Record Office Indexes to Deaths, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Mar 1945 Edmonton 3a 1244."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 1017."
- [S460] Unknown author, 'unknown article title', London Gazette, unknown date (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "Supplement to the London Gazette, 24th October 1941 Page 6182."
- [S793] Website Roll Of Honour - Dulwich College (http://lib.militaryarchive.co.uk/library/wwii/library/…) "Page 97."
- [S475] Letter from Chris & Mavis Parker, unknown author address, to Suzie Morley, dated 14th March, 2014 (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "unknown cd."