Wilfrid Frederick Ray1
M, #1321, b. 14 Mar 1890, d. 3 Jun 1917
|Father*||Robert Ray2 b. between 31 Mar 1864 and 30 Mar 1866|
|Mother*||Sarah Skase2 b. between 31 Mar 1861 and 30 Mar 1863|
Wilfrid Frederick Ray also went by the name of Wilfred Ray.3 He was born on 14 Mar 1890 in Walsham Le Willows, Suffolk, England.1 He was the son of Robert Ray and Sarah Skase.2 His birth was registered in the Jun 1890 quarter in the Stow. S registration district.4 As of 22 Feb 1916, Wilfrid Frederick Ray lived at Pages Mill, Debenham, Suffolk, England.5 He died on 3 Jun 1917 in Hainault, Belgium, at age 27; during WW1.2 As of 3 Jun 1917, Wilfrid Frederick Ray lived at Debenham, Suffolk, England; Enlisted at Ipswich.6 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Strand Military Cemetery, Hainault, Belgium; III. D. 7.2
Last Edited=1 Mar 2018
- [S922] Copy birth certificate of Wilfrid Frederick Ray, born 14th March, 1890, registered 14th April, 1890 in the Registration District of Stow S (unknown repository, Jun 1890 Stow S 4a 721) "unknown cd."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/165499/."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1890 Stow. S. 4a 721."
- [S334] Service Record of William Fredk Ray, Royal Garrison Artillery, WW1 (The National Archives, WO 363) "unknown cd."
- [S333] Soldiers Died In The Great War of William Frederick Ray, Royal Garrison Artillery, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Class: RG12; Piece: 1454; Folio: 115; Page: 13; GSU roll: 6096564."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1762; Folio: 87; Page: 12."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10674; Schedule Number: 84."
- [S413] Medal Card of William F Ray, Royal Garrison Artillery, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll RGA 139 B Page 3876."