M, #1321, b. Jun 1890, d. 3 Jun 1917
|Father||Robert Ray1 b. between 31 Mar 1864 and 30 Mar 1866|
|Mother||Sarah Skase1 b. between 31 Mar 1861 and 30 Mar 1863|
William Frederick Ray also went by the name of Wilfred Ray.3 He was born between 31 Mar 1889 and 30 Mar 1891 in Walsham Le Willows, Suffolk, England.4 His birth was registered in the Jun 1890 quarter in the Stow. S registration district.5 He was the son of Robert Ray and Sarah Skase.1 As of 22 Feb 1916, William Frederick Ray lived at Pages Mill, Debenham, Suffolk, England.6 He died on 3 Jun 1917 in Hainault, Belgium; during WW1.1 As of 3 Jun 1917, William Frederick Ray lived at Debenham, Suffolk, England; Enlisted at Ipswich.2 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Strand Military Cemetery, Hainault, Belgium; III. D. 7.1
Last Edited=13 Feb 2016
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/165499/."
- [S333] Soldiers Died In The Great War of William Frederick Ray, Royal Garrison Artillery, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1762; Folio: 87; Page: 12."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1890 Stow. S. 4a 721."
- [S334] Service Record of William Fredk Ray, Royal Garrison Artillery, WW1 (The National Archives, WO 363) "unknown cd."
- [S16] Online image of the 1891 Census for England & Wales (1891 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.com) "Class: RG12; Piece: 1454; Folio: 115; Page: 13; GSU roll: 6096564."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10674; Schedule Number: 84."
- [S413] Medal Card of William F Ray, Royal Garrison Artillery, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll RGA 139 B Page 3876."