Charles Frederic Marchant1
M, #1312, b. Mar 1894, d. 4 Oct 1918
|Father||John Barker Marchant2 b. Jun 1860|
|Mother||Florence Ino Mann2 b. Sep 1864|
Charles Frederic Marchant also went by the name of Charlie Marchant.3 He was born between 31 Mar 1893 and 30 Mar 1895 in Southolt, Suffolk, England.4 His birth was registered in the Mar 1894 quarter in the Hoxne registration district.5 He was the son of John Barker Marchant and Florence Ino Mann.2 As of 10 Dec 1915, Charles Frederic Marchant lived at Red House Farm, Debenham, Suffolk, England.1 He died on 4 Oct 1918 in Somme, France, at age 24; during WW1.2 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Tincourt New British Cemetery, Somme, France; V. D. 19.2
Last Edited=4 Jan 2017
- [S406] Service Record of Charles Frederic Marchant, Suffolk Regiment, WW1 (The National Archives, WO 363) "unknown cd."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/255965/."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Enumeration District: 1."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Mar 1894 Hoxne 4a 844."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Enumeration District : 1."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10711; Schedule Number: 107 A."
- [S674] Booth's Almanac, 1916 (Suzie Morley, unknown repository reference) "unknown cd."