M, #1291, b. 7 Jul 1895, d. 3 Aug 1917
|Father*||George Buckingham2 b. between 3 Apr 1858 and 1 Apr 1860|
|Mother*||Mary Ann Artis3 b. between 6 Apr 1858 and 4 Apr 1860, d. before 2 Apr 1911|
Bertie Buckingham was born on 7 Jul 1895 in Cranley, Eye, Suffolk, England.4 He was the son of George Buckingham and Mary Ann Artis.2,3 His birth was registered in the Sep 1895 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.5 Grace Buckingham, daughter of Walter Spencer, on 23 Aug 1914 in St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, Suffolk, England.6 As of 2 Nov 1915, Bertie Buckingham lived at Norwich Road, Scole, Norfolk, England.2 He died on 3 Aug 1917 in West Vlaanderen, Belgium, at age 22; during WW1.7 As of 3 Aug 1917, Bertie Buckingham lived at Scole, Norfolk, England.8 He has no known burial place, and is commemorated on a Commonwealth War Memorial on The Menin Gate Memorial, Ypres, West Vlaanderen, Belgium; Panel 45 and 47.7
Last Edited=28 Feb 2018
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."
- [S385] Service Record of Bertie Buckingham, Suffolk Regiment, WW1 (The National Archives, WO 363) "unknown cd."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1764; Folio: 9; Page: 9."
- [S897] Copy birth certificate of Bertie Buckingham, born 7th July, 1895, registered 22nd August, 1895 in the Registration District of Hartismere (unknown repository, Sep 1895 Hartismere 4a 831) "unknown cd."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1895 Hartismere 4a 831."
- [S35] Microfilm of the Marriages of St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/929767/."
- [S384] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Bertie Buckingham, Queen's Own (Toyal West Kent) Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10708; Schedule Number: 4."
- [S386] Medal Card of Bertie Buckingham, Royal West Kent Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll GSE/2/103 B 7 Page 554."