Francis Ebenezer Balaam1
M, #1285, b. 15 Aug 1898, d. 17 May 1918
|Father*||Ebenezer Balaam2 b. Jun 1867, d. Mar 1929|
|Mother*||Ann Thurlow2 b. between 31 Mar 1868 and 30 Mar 1870|
|Father||Ebenezer Balaam3 b. Jun 1867, d. Mar 1929|
|Mother||Ann Thurlow3 b. between 31 Mar 1868 and 30 Mar 1870|
Francis Ebenezer Balaam also went by the name of Frank Balaam.4,5 He was born on 15 Aug 1898 in Aspall, Suffolk, England.6 He was the son of Ebenezer Balaam and Ann Thurlow.2 His birth was registered in the Sep 1898 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.7 Francis Ebenezer Balaam was baptized on 16 Oct 1898 in St. Mary Of Grace, Aspall, Suffolk, England.8 He died on 17 May 1918 in Somme, France, at age 19; during WW1.2 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Mailly Wood Cemetery, Mailly-Maillet, Somme, France; II. K. 15.2
Last Edited=1 Mar 2018
- [S383] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Francis Ebenezer Balaam, Suffolk Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/111218/."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1763; Folio: 132; Page: 2."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."
- [S241] Website Roll Of Honour - Suffolk County Council (https://www.suffolkarchives.co.uk/times/war-and-conflict/…).
- [S893] Copy birth certificate of Francis Ebenezer Balaam, born 15th August, 1898, registered 22nd September, 1898 in the Registration District of Hartismere (unknown repository, Sep 1898 Hartismere 4a 879) "unknown cd."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1898 Hartismere 4a 879."
- [S109] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. Mary Of Grace, Aspall, 1754 to 1899 (unknown repository, unknown film number).
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10753; Schedule Number: 111."
- [S502] Soldiers Died In The Great War of unknown name of person, unknown military unit, 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S357] Medal Card of Francis E Balaam, Suffolk Regiment, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll K/1/103 B Page 197."