Frederick William Artiss1
M, #1275, b. 5 Apr 1898, d. 15 Aug 1917
|Father*||George Artiss1 b. between 3 Apr 1864 and 1 Apr 1866, d. before 29 Sep 1939|
|Mother*||Charlotte Whiting1 b. 31 Jan 1858|
Frederick William Artiss was born on 5 Apr 1898 in Winston, Suffolk, England.2 He was the son of George Artiss and Charlotte Whiting.1 Frederick William Artiss was baptized on 29 May 1898 in St. Andrew, Winston, Suffolk, England.3 His birth was registered in the Jun 1898 quarter in the Bosmere registration district.4 He died on 15 Aug 1917 in Calais, Pas De Calais, France, at age 19; during WW1.1 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Calais Southern Cemetery, Calais, Pas De Calais, France; Grave Reference: Plot H. Row 3, Grave 1.1
Last Edited=1 Mar 2018
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/470809/."
- [S891] Copy birth certificate of Frederick William Artiss, born 5th April, 1898, registered 5th May, 1898 in the Registration District of Bosmere (unknown repository, Jun 1898 Bosmere 4a 873) "unknown cd."
- [S254] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. Andrew, Winston, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1898 Bosmere 4a 873."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1768; Folio: 180; Page: 1."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10753; Schedule Number: 94."
- [S382] Medal Card of Frederick W Artiss, Royal Fusilliers, 1914 - 1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll TP/104 B 13 Page 1611."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."
- [S241] Website Roll Of Honour - Suffolk County Council (https://www.suffolkarchives.co.uk/times/war-and-conflict/…).