Sydney George James Offord1
M, #1266, b. 26 Jul 1912, d. 13 May 1944
|Mother||Gertrude Florence Offord2 b. 4 Feb 1889|
Sydney George James Offord was born on 26 Jul 1912 in Rishangles, Suffolk, England.3 He was the son of Gertrude Florence Offord.2 His birth was registered in the Sep 1912 quarter in the Hartismere registration district.2 As of 15 Oct 1938, Sydney George James Offord and Gertrude Florence Offord lived at Homeleigh, Debenham, Suffolk, England.4 Sydney George James Offord died on 13 May 1944 in Thailand at age 31; during WW2.1 As of 13 May 1944, Sydney George James Offord lived at High Street, Debenham, Suffolk, England.5 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Thailand; 2. L. 22.1 His estate was probated on 3 Jun 1946 in Ipswich, Suffolk, England; Effects £167 16s. 10d.5
Last Edited=10 Mar 2016
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2233484/."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1912 Hartismere 4a 1868."
- [S655] Copy birth certificate of Sidney George James Offord, born 26th July, 1912, registered 6th September, 1912 in the Registration District of Hartismere (unknown repository, unknown gro index ref) "unknown cd."
- [S229] Unknown record type for unknown location, 1938/39 (Suffolk Record Office, 170/114) "unknown cd."
- [S421] Probate of Sydney George James Offord of High Street, Debenham, proved in the Ipswich Probate Court, 3rd June, 1946 (Probate Registry).
- [S624] Unknown record type for unknown location, 29th September, 1939 (The National Archives, RG 101) "unknown cd."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."