Herbert Edward Broom1
M, #1265, b. 14 Feb 1920, d. 24 Jul 1943
|Father*||Herbert Clodd-Broom2 b. 13 Aug 1883, d. 26 Jun 1943|
|Mother*||Martha Emily Lewis b. 14 Apr 1894|
Herbert Edward Broom lived at Suffolk, England.3 He was born on 14 Feb 1920 in 3 Court 10 St. Edward Street, Leek, Staffordshire, England.4 He was the son of Herbert Clodd-Broom and Martha Emily Lewis.2 His birth was registered in the Mar 1920 quarter in the Leek registration district.5 The cause of death was given as Colitis on 24 Jul 1943 in Sonkrai Prisoner Of War Camp, Thailand.6,7 Herbert Edward Broom died on 24 Jul 1943 in Burma at age 23; during WW2.1 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Thanbyuzayat War Cemetery, Burma; B6. A. 4.1 His estate was probated on 7 Dec 1945 in Manchester, Lancashire, England; Effects £194 12s. 5d.8
Last Edited=12 May 2018
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2089043/."
- [S229] Register Of Electors for Ipswich, 1938/39 (Suffolk Record Office, 170/114) "unknown cd."
- [S556] Unknown record type of unknown name of person, unknown military unit, unknown period (The National Archives, WO 304) "unknown cd."
- [S659] Copy birth certificate of Herbert Edward Clodd-Broom, born 14th February, 1920, registered 14th February, 1920 in the Registration District of Leek (unknown repository, unknown gro index ref) "unknown cd."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Mar 1920 Leek 6b 738."
- [S909] Unknown document, unknown file number; unknown file name, WO 361/2053; War Office, The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, England.
- [S910] Unknown document, unknown file number; unknown file name, WO 361/2234; War Office, The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, England.
- [S557] Administration of Herbert Edward Broom of 6 Gracechurch Street, Debenham, proved in the Manchester Probate Court, 7th December, 1945 (Probate Registry).
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."