Stanley William Ruffles1
M, #842, b. 6 Jun 1899, d. 1 May 1918
|Father*||William Ruffles2 b. between 3 Apr 1865 and 1 Apr 1867, d. Mar 1911|
|Mother*||Emma Miller2 b. between 31 Mar 1873 and 30 Mar 1875|
Stanley William Ruffles was born on 6 Jun 1899 in Debenham, Suffolk, England.3 He was the son of William Ruffles and Emma Miller.2 His birth was registered in the Sep 1899 quarter in the Bosmere registration district.1 The cause of death was given as Killed In Action on 1 May 1918.4 Stanley William Ruffles died on 1 May 1918 in Calais, Pas De Calais, France, at age 18; during WW1.5 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery, Souchez, Calais, Pas De Calais, France; VIII Q. 47.5
Last Edited=28 Feb 2018
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Sep 1899 Bosmere 4a 904."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1768; Folio: 70; Page: 1."
- [S904] Copy birth certificate of Stanley William Ruffles, born 6th June, 1899, registered 20th July, 1899 in the Registration District of Bosmere (unknown repository, Sep 1899 Bosmere 4a 904) "unknown cd."
- [S95] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Stanley William Ruffles, Royal Fusiliers (City Of London Regiment), unknown period (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/583897/."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10753; Schedule Number: 72."
- [S374] Medal Card of Stanley W Ruffles, Royal Fusilliers, 1914 - 1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll TP/104 B26 Page 3583."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."