Captain Samuel Green1
M, #230, b. 3 Apr 1785, d. 14 Sep 1818
|Father||Samuel Green2 b. between 17 Mar 1754 and 15 Mar 1756, d. 19 Mar 1801|
|Mother||Mary Petit2 b. between 2 Nov 1754 and 1 Nov 1756, d. 25 Oct 1837|
Captain Samuel Green was born on 3 Apr 1785.2 He was baptized on 4 Apr 1785 in St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, Suffolk, England; Privately baptised.2 He was the son of Samuel Green and Mary Petit.2 Captain Samuel Green died on 14 Sep 1818 in Madras, India, at age 33; At Madras, in his 34th year, lamented by all who knew him, Captain Samuel Green of the 2d battalion of the East India Company's 6th regiment of native infantry. ("his only brother was killed in the memorable naval engagement off Trafalgar. They were the sons of the late Sam. Green, gent. of Debenham, Suffolk.")3 He was buried on 14 Sep 1818 in Burying Ground of St. George's Church, Madras, India.4
Last Edited=1 Mar 2014
- [S433] Unknown author, 'unknown article title', The Gentleman's Magazine, Feb 1819 (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "unknown cd."
- [S36] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S433] Unknown author, 'unknown article title', The Gentleman's Magazine, Feb 1819 (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "Page 180."
- [S432] Funeral of St. George's Church, Madras, 1818 (British Library).
- [S52] Unknown author The Asiatic journal and monthly register for British India and its dependencies, 10 (Leadenhall Street: Black, Kinsbury, Padbury, & Allen, Booksellers to the Honourable East-India Company, July to December 1820), Page 365. Hereinafter cited as The Asiatic journal and monthly register.
- [S53] Lawrence Dundas Campbell, Esq. The Asiatic annual register, or, A View of the history of Hindustan, and of the politics, commerce and literature of Asia, 8 (Leadenhall Street: T. Cadell, & W. Davies, Strand; and Blacks & Parry, Booksellers to the Honourable East-India Company, 1804), Page 157. Hereinafter cited as The Asiatic Annual Register.
- [S50] Unknown author, 'Died', Norfolk Chronicle, 20th February, 1819 (unknown repository, unknown repository reference) "unknown cd."