Ernest William Stewart Carter1
M, #196, b. circa 1898, d. 13 Aug 1918
|Father||William John Carter1 b. between 31 Mar 1869 and 30 Mar 1871|
|Mother||Elizabeth (?)1 b. between 31 Mar 1870 and 30 Mar 1872|
Ernest William Stewart Carter was born circa 1898 in Debenham, Suffolk, England.1 He was the son of William John Carter and Elizabeth (?)1 His birth was registered in the Jun 1899 quarter in the Bosmere registration district.2 The cause of death was given as Gassed on 13 Aug 1918.3 Ernest William Stewart Carter died on 13 Aug 1918; during WW1.1 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Terlincthun British Cemetery, Wimille, Boulogne, Calais, France; Grave REference II. B. 49.4
Last Edited=26 Mar 2016
- [S43] Service Record of Ernest William Stewart Carter, East Yorkshire Regiment, WW1 (The National Archives, WO 363) "WO 363."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Jun 1899 Bosmere 4a 935."
- [S43] Service Record of Ernest William Stewart Carter, East Yorkshire Regiment, WW1 (The National Archives, WO 363) "unknown cd."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/4024764/."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1768; Folio: 76; Page: 14."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10587; Schedule Number: 41."
- [S463] Medal Card of Ernest W S Carter, West Yorkshire Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll 0/2/104 B 24 Page 2956."
- [S241] Website Roll Of Honour - Suffolk County Council (http://apps.suffolk.gov.uk/roll_of_honour).