M, #188, b. circa Mar 1899, d. 15 Apr 1918
|Father||George Aldous1 b. before 10 Oct 1858, d. before 21 Mar 1905|
|Mother||Emma Elizabeth Crowe Hipperson1 b. between 31 Mar 1861 and 30 Mar 1863|
Thomas Aldous was born circa Mar 1899.2 His birth was registered in the Mar 1899 quarter in the Ipswich registration district.3 He was the son of George Aldous and Emma Elizabeth Crowe Hipperson.1 Thomas Aldous was described as Height 5ft 6.5inches, Weight 120 pounds, Chest measurement 35.5 inches with expansion of 2.5 inches on 19 Mar 1917.1 As of 20 Dec 1917, Thomas Aldous lived at Gracechurch Street, Debenham, Suffolk, England.1 He died on 15 Apr 1918 in Somme, France; during WW1.1,4 The cause of death was given as Killed in Action on 15 Apr 1918.4 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Hedauville Communal Cemetery Extension, Hedauville, Somme, France; C16.4
Last Edited=15 Jan 2017
- [S42] Service Record of Thomas Aldous, Bedford Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (The National Archives, WO 363) "unknown cd."
- [S42] Service Record of Thomas Aldous, Bedford Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (The National Archives, WO 363) "WO 363."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Mar 1899 Ipswich 4a 963."
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/282538/."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1768; Folio: 72; Page: 6."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10752; Schedule Number: 110."
- [S393] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Thomas Aldous, Prince Of Wales's (North Staffordshire Regiment), 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S394] Medal Card of Thomas Aldous, Bedford R / N. Staff. R, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll F/104B15 Page 1888."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."