M, #188, b. 13 Dec 1898, d. 15 Apr 1918
|Father*||George Aldous1 b. before 10 Oct 1858, d. before 21 Mar 1905|
|Mother*||Emma Elizabeth Crowe Hipperson1 b. between 31 Mar 1861 and 30 Mar 1863|
Thomas Aldous was born on 13 Dec 1898 in 27 Wells Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, England.2 He was the son of George Aldous and Emma Elizabeth Crowe Hipperson.1 His birth was registered in the Mar 1899 quarter in the Ipswich registration district.3 Thomas Aldous was baptized on 18 Aug 1904 in St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, Suffolk, England.4 He was described as Height 5ft 6.5inches, Weight 120 pounds, Chest measurement 35.5 inches with expansion of 2.5 inches on 19 Mar 1917.1 As of 20 Dec 1917, Thomas Aldous lived at Gracechurch Street, Debenham, Suffolk, England.1 He died on 15 Apr 1918 in Somme, France, at age 19; during WW1.1,5 The cause of death was given as Killed in Action on 15 Apr 1918.5 He was buried in a Commonwealth War Grave in Hedauville Communal Cemetery Extension, Hedauville, Somme, France; C16.5
Last Edited=2 Mar 2018
- [S42] Service Record of Thomas Aldous, Bedford Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (The National Archives, WO 363) "unknown cd."
- [S890] Copy birth certificate of Thomas Aldous, born 13th December, 1898, registered 24th January, 1899 in the Registration District of Ipswich (unknown repository, Mar 1899 Ipswich 4a 963) "unknown cd."
- [S11] General Record Office Indexes to Births, 1837 - 2005 (General Register Office) "Mar 1899 Ipswich 4a 963."
- [S36] Microfilm of the Baptisms of St. Mary Magdalene, Debenham, 1754 to 1899 (Suffolk Record Office, unknown film number).
- [S19] Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org) "http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/282538/."
- [S3] Online image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1768; Folio: 72; Page: 6."
- [S2] Online image of the 1911 Census for England & Wales (1911 Census - England & Wales, http://www.ancestry.co.uk) "Class: RG14; Piece: 10752; Schedule Number: 110."
- [S42] Service Record of Thomas Aldous, Bedford Regiment, 1914 - 1920 (The National Archives, WO 363) "WO 363."
- [S393] Soldiers Died In The Great War of Thomas Aldous, Prince Of Wales's (North Staffordshire Regiment), 1914 - 1920 (Ancestry, Soldiers Died In WW1) "unknown cd."
- [S394] Medal Card of Thomas Aldous, Bedford R / N. Staff. R, 1914-1920 (The Western Front Association, WW1 Medal Index Cards) "Roll F/104B15 Page 1888."
- [S120] Monumental inscription in the Church of (Churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene) "unknown cd."
- [S241] Website Roll Of Honour - Suffolk County Council (https://www.suffolkarchives.co.uk/times/war-and-conflict/…).