This is the website for all things relating to the Genealogy and Family History of the villages of Aspall, Debenham, Kenton, Mickfield & Winston in Suffolk, England.
Blue map pins indicate the village is included in this study.
Red map pins show parishes that are (currently) outside this study area.
Do You Know Someone Who Served In WW1 or WW2?
This year is the 100th anniversary of the end of World War 1. I am looking for more information on the people of Debenham (and also the neighbouring parishes of Aspall, Kenton, Mickfield & Winston) who served in either of these conflicts.
The basic names of those who did not return were inscribed on the War Memorial in the Churchyard, but I want to know more - were they married, did they have children, parents, brothers, sisters? And what about those who did return - what is their story?
Can you give more information on the gentlemen who formed our own “Dad's Army” in WW2. Is your Dad or Granddad in the photo, or do you have a photo to contribute?
Please contact Suzie if you can help flesh out our Heroes.
- Details relating to the location or description of the records. See The Records.
- The records that have been transcribed:
- Surname Index - Family groups that have been identified and relationships entered into the Database, as a result of the transcriptions.
- Transcribed Source Records - the data that is held, no relationships implied
- Linked Source Records - Cross references from the transcriptions to that in the Database
There are several main areas of this website